Sunday 23 December 2012

For the Love of Acrylic Inks

So I have a new love! Recently I brought myself some acrylic inks, wanting to mainly use them for some homemade sprays...and considering I have used *everything* under the sun for my sprays & get asked a lot about how I make mine, I thought I'd share this new love because they are by far and away the best thing I've come across (so far) for making my own sprays. 
They are probably about 70% water to 30% colour, though I don't measure accurately, just eyeball the colour density - which is the strength of acrylic but in the easy consistency of ink (meaning it's less likely to clog your sprays than acrylic, but far more opaque than ink). I have been using the sprays, they were what I used in the journal page of the last post & this new one below
this page was created with the same make-shift butterfly stencil from the last post too
But I've also found I really like using them as drawing inks, like in the page above, for just sketching really simply-lined girls faces too:
This one was my first, and favourite:
The whole page:
So that's all the pages I have to share & 
so I'll wish you one last
MERRY CHRISTMAS :)
only two more sleeps yay!!
Much love
Jennibellie xxx

19 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Jenni!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennibellie, I love your projects! How can I get in touch with you on behalf of Inlinkz.com?! If you are interested on using our tools, send me an email!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous work! Merry Christmas to you and yours! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Inks! I picked up a yellow one last month in the clearance section. It was just sitting there calling to me. ;) I am so glad I grabbed it and need to go back for more!! So fun to play with. Have a VERY, VERY Merry Christmas!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love inks! And making them into sprays! Merry Christmas Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always such an inspiration and a balm when too busy or tired to get to doing some craft myself. All power to you in the New Year and a big thank you. Merry Christmas, ho ho ho. Jayne, your Sydney fan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all your inspiration and for satisfying my need for a 'craft fix' when I haven't got the time or energy to do it myself. Merry Christmas and a very creative 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your projects, your style is great. Merry Christmas Jenni.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas and thanks for all the sharing of love and art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas and thank you for showing all your beautiful work. All the best for 2013
    lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your post, I recently purchased some of those inks, so I would have another meduim to use in my journaling, so far just used to create big spolges on a page, and seeing how they reacted with some other inks I have .... I had not thought of creating sprays or using as drawing inks, thanks for the inspiration.

    Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas, my friend. Thank you, thank you for all you share. Someday maybe I'll be able to do so in kind. But for now, know how much we appreciate your efforts, your blog fun tutorials, and sharing your favorite products. Nancy in Very colddddddddddddddddddd Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. With many thanks for all the joy your art and your videos have brought me throughout the year, this is to wish you a very happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love,love love it! I make my own sprays as well using eye shadow acrylic paint for a more intense color,hair spray&water! Have a wonderful Christmas& thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank yuo for the post,i love,love,love what you have created,this is very beautiful,i love the inks sprays too,and i love the stencil with butterfly,the colors is beautiful.

    Wish you a happy christmas and a happy new year.

    Hugs Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  16. merry christmas and thank u for all u share i follow along on google reader and just caught up with u on facebook lol

    hugz bev

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so happy you posted this. I have been struggling to find a spray that I am happy with. My diluted acrylics keep plugging my spray tips and sometimes ruining them. But I wanted something that would be more permanent than the water-soluble kind. I will definitely give this a try. Hope you had a Merry Christmas. God bless.
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Jennibellie from the Netherlands a happy new year and best wishes. I also love the first one. Big hug Helles xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was a very good post indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in my lunch time. Will surely come and visit this blog more often. Thanks for sharing. Spraying Painting

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...