Saturday 28 April 2012

Washi Tape Madness!!!!!!!

So our great British weather has put a dampener, that is to say a postponement, on my hols :( But I don't much fancy travelling about the country in this downpour, so will be doing it in a couple of weeks instead...however that just gives me more time to make some extra washi tape YAY! But before I get onto that the first tutorial for this page is going to be making this:
It's a washi tape storage book, ready to hold all your lovely tapes, but also works great for ribbons/fibres/laces etc
inside
I must say this is one of my favvvvvvvvvvvvvourite projects for a while, I absolutely love it, here's the tutorial as to how to create the pieces & bind it:
Okay now I can get onto the stuff you put inside eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (yes I'm excited about this project too lol): Homemade Washi Tapes:
Super quick, super easy, here's the tutorial (also with another homemade storage system as you can see):
Because I was still planning on going away when I made this tutorial all of the designs I made in this video were SUPER quickly thrown together, rather than more elaborate creations I may have done. Who knows now I have some time to play I may come up with more complex techniques to do another tut in the future. 

Now I am off for a little rest. Although I'm not physically going anywhere any more I still feel I need a little break from everything in life, as well as online, so I'm going to go offline now so as to chill with my time off. I'll see you when I'm properly refrigerated, much love to all Jennibellie xxx


AFTER NOTE: I've had a question about the 'stickiness' of the washi tape but cannot answer directly to that person as they are marked Anonymous, so will note all that I can about the 'sticky' issue here. The surface I create the washi tape on is a non-stick craft mat, you can also use wax paper, this will allow the tape to be lifted with minimum 'stickiness' being removed and you can also store it on these items also. The nature of masking tape means it should never lift off anything it is placed on top of but I recommend buying porous tape (I call in non-waxy in the video) so anything you add to it will sink in, rather than sitting on the surface, therefore ensuring your design stays put. Happy crafting :)

17 comments:

  1. Your artwork is totally beautiful. I have a question about the tape. Do you peel the masking tape off the plastic covering your work table, and if so, doesn't it stick to itself? Or do you cut it off and keep the plastic on it as backing? I guess I don't really know just what Washi tape is. sigh. But now that I've seen it, I want it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your holiday got postponed, but I am absolutely loving the videos!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, Ill have to give it a try! Ive also just started making art journals, i love it as much as my artwork itself. Come stop by my blog and see my creation for a round robin I am partisipating in. Would love a new follower and we seem to have much in common! Cheers Sonya
    http://sonyasmixedmedia.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to use paper tape, the kind that's for bandaging wounds. It's in the bandages section of the pharmacy, or chemist as you might say? I also get it at the Dollar Store, 10 yards for $1.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to use paper tape from the bandage section of the pharmacy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, thank you for answering my question about the stickiness sticking. I have been so inspired by you lately, and at just the right time for me. I have had lots of bad stuff happening and watching all your tutorials and listening to you talk has gotten me out of the dumps and back into my work room. I have made the greeting card book, and many other of your projects. I am painting again and saving cardboard and boxes and on and on. Thank you for being you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Jennibellie! Love the new LooK on your site! And your newest creation! I didn't look at the videos yet and really don't even know what washi tape is...but as soon as we get back from going out for BD cake (Yep - still celebrating), I'll watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is so great cannot stop reading it because i just discovered it !! This washi tape book is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there my dear,
    I saw your lovely little comment on my blog, and thought I'd pop over and give you some comment love back! I have been reading for quite a while now, and also a youtube follower hehe, such an innovative artist!! if you ever want to chat art and bookbinding, I'm always around and always interested, art is a major part in my life
    theinnerstitch@gmail.com is where you can find me, also on skype. Adore looking back at old posts of yours when I'm stuck in a rut!
    enjoy your time away when you do get to do it!
    xx Courtney
    Little Raven Ink

    ReplyDelete
  10. My studio is in total disarray right now (just moved into it), but as I was making a dent in the disorder tonight, I was trying to figure out the best way to store laces and ribbons that aren't on spools. When I can finally actually make something in the studio, that storage book is going to be it! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely without a doubt the coolest project!! I am totally making one TODAY! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i was wondering about the stickiness.... and your creativity is just so inspiring!! is there nothing you cannot turn your hand to?? just amazing :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I finally got back to watch your videos and can't believe I'm considering trying ANOTHER new thing!!! I can't help it. You're so motivating!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always inspire me -- these are very cool indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved this so much I made my own :-) http://lynettecollis.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/tape-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jenni, Love the tutorial. Do you have a backing on the tape?
    I wondered if the stickiness would pull off the paint etc. I'm going to have a go at making myself some of the tapes. Love the little book you keep them in too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your work its fascinating and inspiring.I shall have to try and make the washi tape.Thank you very much for sharing will look again x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...