Thursday 19 April 2012

*Caution* FRAGILE CONTENTS (but with a happy outcome)

I haven't been here for a week or so, I had a feeling I wouldn't while doing my last post as I had had a very strange week & was left feeling a little fragile...so I did as many of my blogging buddies have told me in the past and took a little time for me. I haven't done *too* much art 
though obviously I've still done a little (a FULL week plus without paint??? = Torture!!)
This is just a quick acrylic slap-dash with a little black pen on top for definition
but instead I've been spending time returning to the *regular* kind of journaling (that old school version - written). The last entry my diary below had gotten was three years ago, and a completely different person began writing in it again. 
The artwork on the diary reads 'The Soul Would Have No Rainbow if the Eyes had no Tears'
However, following my belief that you should always create a positive out of a negative, I took that huge amount of feeling and made the most personal video I have ever created. It contains a tutorial for creating an art journal page with techniques that help get out your feelings, in the hopes it will be of use to others. 
And an update on that emotion is I'm feeling fresher, brighter and happier. I think I have understood (once again) that everything happens for a reason, and even the bad things are there to prompt you on, make you strive harder and be a better person/woman/daughter/friend/artist etc.
So now the all the 'life stuff' is outta the way onto the fun bit...picking giveaway winners for these random little packets lol
Here's all the names (well usernames lol) of everyone that entered, if you left me a comment on my last post then you are automatically in here. They then popped into this box:
Then out jumped these two names:
CRAFTING TO STAY SANE
MANON
Whoop congrats :) please email me your addies to jennibellie@yahoo.co.uk :)
Much love to everyone
Jennibellie

16 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better and congrats to the winners! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to say "Thank you " to you. I found you last week, a pretty bad, down week overall. I have watched all your tutorials and videos and read your blog. I actually made a ton of paper beads, made a book to hold some of the cards I have saved for years, painted, cut, glued, and generally just did good stuff. I think your work is wonderful and amazing. You made me happier. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny,

    I've absolutely been there before. I think it's natural to be curious about the people who used to be in our lives, and the internet makes it so easy to find them -- which can lead to trouble, it's true.

    I like the way you dealt with your emotions! I'm extraordinarily stressed right now, so I'll have to follow your lead and sort them out with something artistic.

    *Hugs.*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Can't believe I have won!!!!
    THANK YOU so much!
    I have emailed you!
    Look forward to hearing from you!
    hugs Alyson x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! And Jennibelle, everything does happen for a reason...there is even good and bad stress in our lives!

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Jenny,
    I'm glad you're feeling better:) I've also been there before - it's not great is it?! But I agree with what you said, it's how we deal with these things and come out the other side that's important, definitely. All power to you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to read that you are feeling better and learning along the way. We learn more from a mistake then anything else. Life is just one big lesson.
    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great video--I'll have to try that technique. Fresher, brighter and happier sounds good, and I'm glad you found it after your yucky week!!! A side note...I have that same "The Soul Would Have No Rainbow" diary :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenni thanks not only for sharing your art but your emotions. Life is full of ups and downs and each of them plays a part in our life experience. You are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear that you managed to work it through, it's a weird place to be.

    Love the tutorials, and hopefully I may even have time to try something soon :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to read you are feeling better, felt so sad for you when I watched the video.
    Well done to the lucky winners.

    Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad things are looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats to the winners. I love the painting in the journal. Haven't had a chance to watch the video yet, but it's on my list of things to watch next time I have myself a little youtube session.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to the winners!! :]
    Thank you for sharing your "heartfelt" story, a part of you, your life... ((hugs))
    It is so wonderful to hear, you used ART to heal yourself and that you shared that with us all, such a blessing!
    Take care, Jenny. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooooh Yeaaaaah better late then never lol! I only just found out I was away that week so thank you so much!!!! So excited. manonX

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...