Monday 19 December 2011

Boy Oh Boy! A Completed Art Journal (& Video Flip)

Ohhhhhh boy! 6 days to Christmas and I am finding it insanely difficult to get online this month (no wonder challenges like Nanowrimo etc are in November - who would dare tackle anything extra in this crazy month?). I have managed to finish my horrid journal though, YAY!
I have done a two-part video flip of all the pages (gotta love flippages)
I only really talk about materials in these videos, because I always like to know what other artists like to use, but I have to say my favourite supply I found through process of this journal was a humble pencil. One water-soluable graphite pencil, ummmmm, here are a couple of pages in this journal I made with the pencil and not yet shown on here:
You know what? If all I got for Christmas was a lump of charcoal I'd reckon I'd be pretty chuffed haha

Just in case I don't get to blog again before the 25th MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!

14 comments:

  1. I love your Horrid journal! The pages and the name! haha
    Thank you for sharing the materials! It is very useful! I will try charcoals! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you finished! The journal looks great. :)

    I always like to know what other artists use in their work, too. There's always something fun I'd never have thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful creations here ! Wow! ~ Happy Holidays to you ~ namaste, Carol and ArtMuse Dog ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog not too long ago and Love It! Thanks for sharing lots of tips. Your journal is beautiful. I enjoy the mix of colors and designs you've included in this journal. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved seeing your finished journal! So much creativity on those pages. Thank you for sharing it. :) I hope you have a wonderful week & Merry Christmas! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your horrid journal! Thanks for sharing the contents via video...I'm going to watch them as soon as I've posted this comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Btw, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always like to know what supplies and tools other people use so I appreciate you letting us know. I still giggle at "horrid journal". ;) I admire anyone who can draw people and animals. You did great with your water soluble pencil! What a fun journey this must have been. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't had chance to look at the video as I'm stuck at work, but the pages you've posted are great.
    Have a good Christmas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want water-soluble graphite for Christmas...need it so badly after seeing what you have done:)
    Brilliant pages!
    Have a wonderful Christmas.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Xmas! Great journalling. Haven't touched mine in weeks! Need to dig it out and get stuck in. You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such fabulous journals. I have been using the card from boxes for painting on and each time I have cut them I kept looking at the folded parts and thinking there must be something I could do with them. Now I know!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL Journal... love your talents.
    Thank you for the videos too. You are so sweet to share. *hugs*
    Merry Christmas to you too. Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your art journal. Was a wonderful video seeing the finished product. I just recently got into art journaling and Im obsessed with it already.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...