Sunday 6 November 2011

AEDM & NaNoWriMo Day 6

Today's creation for AEDM is:
Ornament for a friend (blog-matching ornament too lol) made with packaging board decoupaged in scrap paper to strengthen. I love the translucentness of the skin, although it hasn't photographed too well :(. To do it I painted her with water-soluble crayons and watercolour pencils then took a piece of tissue paper and allowed it to absorb most of the colour, leaving only a hint. With the hair I scratched away the paint with a needle, to show the white paper in places beneath.

The top right hand corner has a hatpin, which are really easy to make yourself with a headpin and a bead, I then added an old broken bracelet to it for a fancy dangle. Also linking to Sunday Sketches, over at Blue Chair Diary.

Day 5's final word count for NaNoWriMo was: Zero, Unfortunately! Therefore total is still: 6282. I guessed it was going to happened at some point this month but a little disappointed it was so soon. But it was a day when family matters came first and I had to play Nurse Nightingale, as my mum calls it. 

I was hoping to get some words done once I got home but then Bonfire night settled the rest of the word shortfall, just look at these demon eyes:
It's my full-sized border collie, trying to fit into a space a jack russell would have difficulty with (under my bed), leaving a wave of destruction behind him. This is after a week of him trying to fit into a computer armoire, the boiler cupboard, a shelf of scrapbooks under my desk and so on and so forth, increasingly getting worse as the bangs grew more frequent leading up to the mass of noise last night. I cleared out everything under half of the bed to give him space to stretch out, then put the tv up to it's highest in my bedroom and my ipod dock blasting on max in my studio, trying their best to drown out the bangs that were terrifying him so much. But in doing this rendered concentrating on writing absolutely impossible, the place was reverberating! So no words at all but hopefully one slightly less distressed pup than what could have been.

Now I'm off to try and catch those runaway words back up, thanks for visiting J xx

24 comments:

  1. She's beautiful, love those big shiny eyes!

    // -T.W-

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is lovely ~ very creative ~ Hope things quiet down soon for you. ~namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy SS ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty ornament you made, hope the doggie adventures settle down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jennibellie!!!!this piece is so beautiful!!!! I love the quote and that owl embellishment too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is neat...i have an owl very similiar to this! i love the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beautiful ornament...so sorry your doggie is having a hard time...hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow..she is brilliant and beautiful..gorgeous!!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous ornament, such a pretty face and I love that owl! I hope your doggie is feeling calm soon. xo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my cats like to squeeze into cardboard boxes that are way too small for him! Your ornament is so pretty - how you friend will love it! Lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet trinkety ornament Miss Jennibellie!

    Love the name of your blog.

    Good luck with your writing (if I understood that correctly).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, love your dog under the bed. What a sweet piece of art! I had a with some word lapse myself (I got too into making something sound pretty and it put me quite behind)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty and so much creative detail.
    Poor pupster, they get so scared when they have no idea what's going on. My older Silky Terrier has been hiding under couch cushions lately, very odd!
    Thanks so much for visiting with me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your friend is going to love this piece! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, what a cutie! You're such a good friend to comfort him like that. :)

    I had a dog who was terrified of thunder storms and would always try to hide in small spaces. To make him feel better, I'd put a blanket over whatever half-his-size table he was hiding under so he'd have a little tent.

    Loving the ornament and the darling little owl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very beautiful ornament for that lucky person.

    ReplyDelete
  16. a very creative way to produce a wonderful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the hanging ornament! It is so creative how you use jewelry in your pieces. Always so inspiring Ms. Jennibellie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Firstly, I love the ornament you created for your friend. She will love it!

    Secondly, my heart goes out to your poor doggy. I can empathise as my Cody is terrified of storms, fireworks, construction noises, pretty much ANY loud noises. He too will worm his way into the built-in wardrobes and/or 'hide out' in the smallest of spots. Poor thing shakes like a leaf and pants like crazy too...he gets very, very anxious. What a good doggy Mum you were to try and disguise the noise to help make things better for him.

    Don't worry about Nanowrimo...sometimes, life gets in the way of the best laid plans and family does come first.

    See you tomorrow ~

    Serena

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awwww...poor baby! Hope all of that has settled down by the time you read this. Love your ornament!
    Thanks for the visit and comment on my page...I copied the reply here...
    Thanks Jennibellie! It's a thrill to see that others like my quilt! :) We lived in Virginia, then moved to Florida for 10 years before following the kids (really the grand-daughter) to where we now are. I just couldn't stand the thought of not seeing her.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice artwork. Thankfully our dog used to be immune to fireworks, but could hear another dog at 100 paces :s

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like your piece! Her skin is really nifty. And the dog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. "You're a hoot"...how cute! I enjoyed reading the description of how you did her skin and hair--I'm always curious how things are done :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Poor baby and the evil fireworks... poor mushu is beside himself at any noise so fireworks close by would be too much for him I fear... great work on the piece today and like the fringe especially.... fringe just makes anything cool I think xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. She is absolutely adorable! Love the "hoot" :)

    Thank you for joining us this week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...